Lincoln Douglas Master Case ListEdit
Grace Larimer - [Chili, NM] - Negative--value of quality of life, criterion of excellence
Mary Kate Crockett - [??, TX] -- Affirmative--Value of Excellence, criterion of personal goals
Avery Lil - [ARC, TX] - Affirmative--value of excellence, criterion of lasting results; Negative--value of excellence, criterion of lasting results
Ryan Matlack - [Club 19:14] - Affirmative--value of self-improvement, criterion of comparison; Negative--value of law, criterion of social contract
Justin Burchfiel - [Club 19:14] - Affirmative--value of economic progress, criterion of fair competition
Isaac Sommers - [iCom, TX] - Affirmative - Value: Robust Economy, Criterion: Free Market
Peter Helms - [SONT, TX] - Negative--value of progress, no criterion; also sometimes runs a balanced negative
David Huber - [??, TX] - Negative--value of excellence, criterion of unity
Christina Hastings - [ARC, TX] - Negative--value of altruism, no criterion
Joshua Jones - [iCom, TX] - Negative--value of mutual benefit, no criterion
Chelsea Recine - [??, TX] - Negative--Resolutional Kritik
Elizabeth Vecseri - [iCom, TX] - Affirmative--value of excellence, criterion of competition , Negative--value: Excellence, no criterion
John Wilson - [??, TX] - Affirmative--value of motivation, criterion of competition
Erika Sivils - [??, TX] - Affirmative--Value of Excellence, Crit of Competition
- Noelle Walker - [Ad Lucem, ??] - AFF: 1. Life, liberty, pursuit of happiness through civil rights, NEG: ??
- Isaiah Gerber - [HICKS, ??] -
- Saeger Haynes - [Ad Lucem, ??] -
- Melika Willoughby - [Vita Est An, ??] -
- Melody Hanna - [??, ??]
- Charlie Rogers - [CHARGE, IL] -
- Jon Bateman - [??, IL]
- Bobby Strange - [Una Voce, IL] -
- Susie Strange - [Una Voce, IL] -
- Stephen Yonke - [Una Voce, IL] -
- Jon Bateman - [CIBAD, IN] -- AFF: 1. Excellence through Personal Achievement, NEG: ??
- JulieAnne Bixby - [CIBAD, IN] -- AFF: ??, NEG: 1. Balanced Neg
- William Carter - [CIBAD, IN] --
- Daniel Forthofer - [CIBAD, IN] -
- Josiah Springer - [CIBAD, IN] -
- Elijah Walters - [?, IN] - AFF: Value: Excellence, Criteria Competion & Cooperation (Competition is the end purpose) NEG: Balanced negative
- Austin Heath - [Integra-X, OH] - AFF: Accountable Leadership NEG: Direct ref
- Montana Krueger - [Integra-X, OH] - AFF: Excellence; Criterion of innovation. NEG: Direct Ref.
- Will Malson - [Independent, OH] - AFF: 1. Biopolitics bad, 2. Separation of Powers good, NEG: 1. Capitalism (variations), 2. Biopolitics bad
- Caroline McKenzie - [Integra-X, OH] - AFF: Excellence; Criterion of competition. NEG: Direct Ref.
- Kathleen Farah - [Integra-X, OH] - AFF: Responsibility, Criterion: Freedom of choice NEG: General Welfare; Criterion of compassion.
- Rebecca Snowden - [SOAR, OH] - AFF: Excellence with a crit of motivation, NEG: Balanced Negative
- Trae Beem - [Salt and Light, WI] - Affirmative--value of excellence, criterion of competition. NEG: Anti-value of chaos with a criterion of conflict.
- Joseph Dykstra - [Madison CCOW, WI] -
- Kalila Horwitz - [Salt Light, WI] - AFF: ??, NEG: 1. Human Rights through liberty
- Dietrich Heiss - [Salt Light, WI] -
- Dawn Manning - [Cognito, WI] - Affirmative--value of freedom; Negative--value of preservation of human life
- Joshua Mirth - [PARADE, WI] - Affirmative--value of "knowledge of the truth", criterion of competition
- Joseph Sigwarth - [PARADE, WI] - Affirmative--value of excellence, criterion of efficiency; Negative--value of national security, criterion of inter-agency cooperation
- Anna Young - [Salt Light, WI] - AFF: 1. Human Rights through Individuality, NEG: 1. Anti-Value of Chaos
Daniel Blanchard [Contenders] --
Drew Glover [Contenders] --
Joshua Hudson [Contenders] --
Megan Hudson [Contenders] --
Preston Kennedy [Catalyst] --
Katie Martin [Contenders] --
RJ Martin [Contenders] --
Joshua McCroskey [Catalyst] --
Christian Morbidelli [Catalyst] --
Nicholas Morbidelli [Catalyst] --
Andrew Mouser [Catalyst] --
Daniel Patrick [Catalyst] --
Peter Randolph [Contenders] --
Kathryn Reed [Contenders] --
Benjamin Simon [Catalyst] -- Value: Excellence. Criterion: Self Motivation. Idea of case: without motivation we can't achieve excellence.
Emily Simon [Catalyst] --
Katelyn Simon [Catalyst] --
Matthew Wallace [Catalyst] --
Seth Bowman [STOMP] --
Ryan Cross [Baton Rouge] -- Aff value: progress. Neg Value: Individual rights.
Joshua Duhon [STOMP] -- Idea of Case: Cooperation achieves competition as a means to achieving competition.
Connor Headrick [Monroe Debate Club] --
Jonathan Jee [STOMP] --
Nathaniel Jennings [Monroe?]--
Kristin Johnson [Baton Rouge] --
Katherine Peacock [STOMP] --
Mary Peacock [STOMP] --
Eduardo Ricks [STOMP] --
Sarah Sanderlin [TECHCOR] -- AFF: Value: progress, idea is that process AND end goal = excellence
Meredith Welch [STOMP] --
Jonathan Dowell [Veritas Dei] --
Havilah Lum [Veritas Dei] --
Shirah Lum [Veritas Dei] --
Camden Perez [Veritas Dei] --
Dustin Runnels [Veritas Dei] --
Elizabeth Smith [Veritas Dei] --
Jonathan Storey [Veritas Dei] --
Kayla Griesemer - [Areopagus] -
Case Brief: Tristan Stimson Balance Negative I removed this case because it is no longer in use
Case Brief: Christian Fernandez
Aff: Value: Demonism Criterion: Screwtape Letters
Neg: Value: Absolute tyranny Criterion: Coercion (he agrees that cooperation and coercion are the same)
Case brief Affirmative: Sam Little I removed this case because it is no longer in use
No longer debating
Case Brief Negative: Haley Meadows I removed this case because it is no longer in use.
Case Brief Affirmative: Samuel Johnson
I just got back from regionals and the cases I removed are no longer in use. I am unable to replace the case flows because I have sent my flows home with someone who qualified.
John David Woolington [SWAP] - Aff - Value - Improvement of the quality of life. No Criterion.
Contention 1: Competition bushes businesses to make better cheaper goods. (Examples: Model-T, several competiting auto businesses)
Contention 2: Markets with little competition produce low quality goods. (Examples: Dunkin Donuts, public school system)
Case brief: Ray Ma Negative case
Value: General welfare: the well being of all people
Criterion: Moral Means
C1: competition alone is bad.
Civil War was a competition it killed people and there was little to no cooperation. Great Britain ended the slave trade with out a war because of cooperation.
C2: Cooperation recognizes Human Nature.
Cooperation is inherent.
“A hundred times every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life depend on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving.” ~ Albert Einstein
When families compete Mom and Dad argue and fight this is not good for the kid.
Internet providers (search engine)
Case brief Affirmative: Isaac Seymour I removed this case because it is no longer in use.
Case Brief Negative: Isaac Seymour
Mixes direct ref w/ the argument that cooperation can achieve excellence apart from competition, while competition cannot achieve excellence apart from cooperation.